Carol Choir (Grades 2 through 5)
Carol Choir is an auditioned performing choir. Singers:
- Sing in unison with proper vowel production for a child
- Practice singing basics: proper breathing, posture, diction, healthy vocal production, basic music reading skills and musicianship
- Work on simple part singing
- Develop choral disciplines such as following instructions, watching the director, and choir etiquette
- Learn age-appropriate music including rounds, simple melodies, hymns, and songs from other countries
- Sing in concerts of excellence for the glory of God
- Develop understanding of worship to God and service to the Church
- Carol and Concert Choirs rehearse at Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster 17601.
- Rehearsing Tuesday evenings during the school year, 6:15-7:20 p.m.
- Contact Sarah Wingard at 540-383-9986 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Auditions are held at Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster.
- Prospective singers will be asked to demonstrate their ability to :
- Match pitch
- Sing in tune
- Use head voice
- Maintain a melodic line while another line is being sung
- Sing one prepared piece of music of singer’s choice (sung a capella)
Costs and Contributions
- Tuition is $280 a year
- $180 for each additional child in Prelude Music or Choristers
- $280 for each additional child in Carol, Concert or Chamber Choir
- Tuition cost should not be a deterring factor; financial assistance is available.
- Approximately one third of the annual operating cost is covered by tuition.
- Donations, offerings and fundraisers provide additional funding.
- Your tax-deductible donation is appreciated. Please make your check payable to LMS and write MCCL on the memo line.
Gifts may be sent to:
PO Box 10984
Lancaster, PA 17605