Chamber Choir (Grades 9 through 12)
Chamber Choir is an auditioned advanced performing choir that builds on fundamentals learned in Carol and Concert Choirs. In addition, singers:
- Sing SATB as well as three- and four-part men’s and women’s ensemble pieces
- Continue musicianship and music literacy: score analysis, dissonant intervals, master class opportunities
- Participate in a national or international tour
Men’s Ensemble is for male singers who are members of the Chamber Choir. The ensemble is dedicated to nurturing and promoting singing for the changing and changed male voice and sings diverse repertoire ranging from unison to four-part harmony.
- The Chamber Choir rehearses at Blossom Hill Mennonite Church, 333 Delp Road, Lancaster 17601.
- The full Chamber Choir reheares Tuesday evenings during the school year, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- The Men's Ensemble practices prior to the full Chamber Choir, 6:30 - 7 p.m.
- For Chamber Choir, contact Rosemary Blessing at (717) 606-3272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auditions are held at Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster.
- An audition will include:
- Vocalization for range and tone
- Exercises for pitch, aural and sight reading skills
- Singing one prepared piece of music of singer’s choice (a capella or with accompaniment)
Costs and Contributions
- Tuition is $350 a year
- $180 for each additional child in Prelude Music, Choristers
- $280 for each additional child in Carol, Concert or Chamber Choir
- Tuition cost should not be a deterring factor; financial assistance is available.
- Approximately one third of the annual operating cost is covered by tuition.
- Donations, offerings and fundraisers provide additional funding.
- Your tax-deductible donation is appreciated. Please make your check payable to LMS and write MCCL on the memo line.
Gifts may be sent to:
PO Box 10984
Lancaster, PA 17602