Concert Choir (Grades 6 through 8)
Concert Choir is an auditioned performing choir that strengthens skills learned in the Carol Choir. In addition, singers:
- Develop a clear choral sound with consistency throughout the vocal range
- Continue musicianship and choral disciplines: sight singing, phrasing, score study, dynamics, performance practice
- Sing in two- and three-part harmony
- Learn music of different choral styles, historical periods, languages, and cultures
- Participate in a multi-day national tour
- Carol and Concert Choirs rehearse at Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster 17601.
- Rehearsals are held Tuesday evenings during the school year, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Contact Sarah Wingard at 540-383-9986 or email@example.com.
- Auditions are held at Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster.
- Auditions include:
- Matching pitch
- Singing in tune
- Using head voice
- Maintaining a melodic line while another line is being sung
- Singing one prepared piece of music of singer’s choice (sung a capella)
Costs and Contributions
- Tuition is $350 a year
- $180 for each additional child in Prelude Music, Choristers ($90/semester)
- $280 for each additional child in Carol, Concert or Chamber Choir
- Tuition cost should not be a deterring factor; financial assistance is available.
- Approximately one third of the annual operating cost is covered by tuition.
- Donations, offerings and fundraisers provide additional funding.
- Your tax-deductible donation is appreciated. Please make your check payable to LMS and write MCCL on the memo line.
Gifts may be sent to: LMS/MCCL 2176 Lincoln Highway East Lancaster, PA 17602